Friday 13 April 2012

A Monday with Purpose

Pearls yes, pouting no.
School goes back Monday. I'm still without a booking... but I refuse to mope. See the chances of getting a booking for the first day back are pretty slim. The chances of completely freaking out and thinking I have only a "make believe" job... well they aren't slim. That said I also thought I'd get the first week of school off... and that didn't work out so well (actually it worked out pretty wonderfully).

So I'm proposing to treat Monday like the first day back at school for the year. I figure there are two options... both of which are purposeful.

Option One- Be Incredibly Useful

You should have a resume that's ready for use- USE IT. Drop it off at a few schools. Skip by your favorite school with a pack or two of Tim Tams for the staffroom. Be on hand to help out a working friend to establish their school routine (eg re-set up reading groups or the like).


Option Two- Be Incredibly Useless!

If you are going to do this with a friend, make it a friend who isn't a Supply Teacher. If one of you gets work and the other doesn't... well it's awful. I'm planning an incredibly luxurious day with my Mum. She knows that with any luck the day won't actually happen. If it does, we are going to celebrate the absence of small children with a fancy lunch, a posh movie and lots and lots of good coffee. Instead of mourning the loss of a day of work I will be celebrating my extra day of holidays.

You will note that "moping around at home freaking out about work" is not an option. Literally. Don't do it. Work will come, it always does- you might just need a few days of Option One to make it happen.

Happy Holidays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment